BetaNews.com (DR 83)
Chegg.com (DR 79)
TechnologyAdvice.com (DR 77)
We’ve been working hard with SentryOne, a software company that offers database performance solutions.
The goal has been to increase organic traffic, by identifying key pages across the website which would see a positive ROI from link building.
💡 Identifying Key Target Pages
We looked at pages and keywords that were underperforming, but exceptionally important to key business goals, for example.
This was done by working closely with the SentryOne team to identify keywords that would drive customers, but also that were important educational keywords to help drive top and middle of funnel traffic.
Over the course of 12 months, we pushed each key page of high importance, and ended up significantly improving the overall value of the website’s traffic as a result.
🏆 Achieved #1 rankings for high value commercial keywords
- #1 Best SQL Server Monitoring Tools
- #1 SQL Server Monitoring Tools Comparison
- #2 SQL Server Monitoring Tools
- #1 SQL Server Performance Counters
- #1 SQL Database Monitoring
🚀 Organic Traffic Value Increased Over $20k Per Month
From a low of $10k in early 2020, we helped increase the organic traffic value to well over $30k per month.
What does this mean?
We went after keywords that would otherwise be extremely expensive to target using paid advertising. For example, our main keywords around SQL server monitoring tools have a CPC (cost per click) of well over $70.00 per click!
By intensively building white-hat links, we improved rankings dramatically from page 2 to many position 1 rankings.
We focused with a program of high quality outreach to super relevant sites in the technology space.
Here’s just a handful of links we landed through our white hat efforts:
- Editorial Link – https://data-flair.training/blogs/server-virtualization-in-cloud-computing/
- Link Reclamation – https://www.mssqltips.com/sqlservertip/4050/cleanly-uninstalling-stubborn-sql-server-components/
- Guest Post – https://www.thesslstore.com/blog/sql-injection-attack-what-it-is-how-to-protect-your-business/
- Editorial Link – https://technologyadvice.com/blog/information-technology/tableau-alternatives/
- Editorial Link – https://codingsight.com/free-tools-for-mssql-database-developers-and-administrators/
It’s extremely important to remember that link quality is the most important factor in actually moving the needle, and it proved the case again with SentryOne.
Far too often, SEOs are caught up with link volume, which causes pain and confusion down the road when things don’t work out to plan.
SentryOne was certainly a challenging project, primarily because of its technical nature. Using our prospecting expertise, we were able to identify the best possible sites for earning links from based on competitor analysis.
It’s this approach of starting from the ground up and locating new, relevant opportunities for our client that earned us the results we were looking to achieve.