Very Quick On-Page SEO Checklist
Key things to do:
- Blend in with top performers, but do it betters
- Mimic what the top ranking sites are doing for your keyword
- Before creating new site, check domain age on page 1 sites – consider using existing domain
- Develop multiple pieces of excellent content surrounding keywords you want to rank for
- Digitaleer – On-page SEO guide
- Charles Floate – Silo structure is dead
- Diggity – On-site SEO guide
- Diggity – Black sheep
Great examples of on-page SEO:
https://www.wayfair.co.uk/ – Great categorisation for a huge ecommerce store, good text descriptions at the bottom of category pages. Rank for all kinds of goods in different niches.
https://10beasts.com – Despite having numerous niches within one website they still rank extremely well.
Structure – 6 key steps
- Ensure all meta titles, headers and descriptions are solid
- Organize key categories by top level navigation
- Create supporting content and link back to money pages from your supporting content
- Interlink to various money pages and mix it up!
- Follow blueprint of what other top rankings SEOs are doing
- Build links to supporting content and money pages too
- Don’t over optimise
Follow the competition.
- Build links to homepage
- Build links to money pages
- Build links to supporting content pages, and interlink back to money pages